and Rother Rural Partnership
East Sussex. BN7 3AE
Site Updated: November 2016
Applications can be made by farmers, growers, foresters,
other small rural businesses and rural community organisations that are in
the WARR Partnership Local Action Group area. The projects they’re applying
for funding towards must also take place in the LEADER area.
We anticipate that the WARR Partnership LEADER programme will stay open for
applications until mid to late 2019. All LEADER funded projects must be completed
and all grant funding paid out by December 2020 at the latest.
Applications must be for at least £2,500 and no more than £50,000. In exceptional
circumstances, for example where a number of FTE jobs will be created, a higher
grant may be considered. The average LEADER grant award will be around £20,000
and typically the Partnership would expect 1 FTE job to be created for a grant
of this size.
Grants will typically be limited to a maximum of 40% of the project’s eligible
costs. A higher support rate may be available for applications by not-for-profit
organisations to support projects not intended to generate an economic gain.
project costs typically include capital items and associated costs such
• purchase of equipment and machinery;
• costs of construction, conversion or improvements to premises;
• marketing activities such as website developments.
LEADER will fund projects that:
• create jobs;
• develop rural businesses; and
• support the local rural economy.
To be successful, applications will need to contribute towards one or more
of the national LEADER priorities:
• increase farm productivity
• support for small rural businesses and farm diversification;
• boost rural tourism;
• provide rural services;
• support cultural and heritage activities;
• increase forestry productivity.
Projects must also fit with one or more of the Local Action Group’s strategic